Currently Active Research Networks
The TRC's participation in international research networks includes the following:
- Techno-Economic Regulatory Framework for Radio Spectrum Access for Cognitive Radio/Software Defined Radio (TERRA) European Science Foundation (ESF) COoperation in the field of Science and Technology Research (COST) Action IC0905, 2010-2014. Dr. M. O'Droma and Dr. I. Ganchev are Delegate and Substitute Delegate resp. for Ireland to the Action's Management Committee, together with a Delegate and Substitute Delegates from TCD/CTVR, Dr Keith Nolan, Dr. Tim Forde and Prof. Linda Doyle resp. TERRA's Official Fact Sheet.
"Wireless Networking for Moving Objects" WiNeMO, European Science Foundation (ESF) COoperation in the field of Science and Technology Research (COST) Action IC0906, 2010-2014. Currently Dr. M. O'Droma and Dr. I. Ganchev are Delegates (Ireland) to the Action's Management Committee, along with Hamid Nafaa of UCD and Lukasz Budzisz of NUI-Maynooth. Poster
- "RF/microwave communication subsystems for emerging wireless technologies" RFCSET, ESF COST Action IC0803, 2008-2012. Currently Dr. M. O'Droma is the Irish Delegate to the Action's Management Committee. Poster
Previous Research Networks
- TARGET - Top Amplifier Research Groups in a European Team, Network of Excellence European Union's 6th Framework Programme, EU-FP6-IST-507893, 2004 - 2008
- 'Traffic and QoS Management in Wireless Multimedia Networks', European Science Foundation (ESF) Coordinated Actions in Science and Technology (COST) research network, COST Action 290, 2004-2008;
- 'Modelling and Simulation Tools for Research in Emerging Multi-service Telecommunications', (ESF COST) research network, COST Action 285;
- ANWIRE - Academic Network for Wireless Internet Research in Europe . Thematic Network of Excellence, European Union's 5th Framework Programme, IST-38835, 2002-04.
- ARFL - Air Force Research Laboratory, Rome, New York
- Distributed VUIS reseach Collaboration Group - a collaboration with the e-Commerce Laboratory of the Faculty of Mathematics and Informatics, Paisii Hilendarski, University of Plovdiv (Bulgaria)